Application Specialist (US Remote)
At Motorola Solutions, we believe that everything starts with safety. It’s the constant that empowers people to confidently move forward. It can fill a flight or sell out a stadium. It can care for a patient or graduate a class.
As a global leader in public safety and enterprise security, we create and connect the technologies that help to keep people safe where they live, learn, work and play. Our integrated technology ecosystem unifies critical communications, video security and access control, and command center software, enabling collaboration in more powerful ways.
At Motorola Solutions, we’re ushering in a new era in public safety and security. Bring your passion, potential and talents to a career that matters.
The Software Enterprise Deployment and Integration team is the team that delivers solutions to the public safety sector. We are committed to providing technology and tools which will allow customers to focus on their mission, and enable them to respond faster with smarter and safer decisions. We deploy and support products such as Computer Aided Dispatch, Records Management Systems, Jail Management Systems and Mobile Data Computing, among other offerings
The Application Specialist will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Upgrade customer servers with the latest software release
- Ensure customer satisfaction involves proper support, and delivery on contracted service level agreements
- Work with team members and other internal MSI teams to provide exceptional customer service and technical support, as well as troubleshoot and resolve issues with the customer
This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice's "Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy" and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent fingerprint background check administered by Motorola Solutions Inc. customers.
Specific Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with Windows and Linux servers; Linux command line basic navigation and file structure
- Customer service/support experience
- Strong command of communication skills, both oral and written
- Exhibit strong ownership and follow through; own the customer's issue and drive the resolution to ensure the customer is satisfied with the end result
- Exceptional interpersonal skills required
- Strong determination in the face of challenges
- Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks. Effective time management skills required
- Proficient computer skills with emphasis on windows based applications
- Customer focused; detail orientated individual
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in a high stress/at times confrontational situations
- Focused individual who understands the value of excellent customer service, and the impact to business if customers are not properly supported
- Confident individual who is willing to assume responsibility
- Demonstrates a high degree of drive and determination; willing to go the extra mile to provide outstanding customer service
- Adaptive and flexible individual who is willing to learn and make recommendations for improvements
- Ability to work and make decisions with minimal supervision
- This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice's "Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy" and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent fingerprint background check administered by Motorola Solutions Inc. customers
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in technical customer support and/or technical business analysis role.
- Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. indefinitely is required. Employer work permit sponsorship is not available for this position
Referral Payment Plan
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- 401K with Company Match
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.