GIS System Administrator
At Motorola Solutions, we believe that everything starts with safety. It’s the constant that empowers people to confidently move forward. It can fill a flight or sell out a stadium. It can care for a patient or graduate a class.
As a global leader in public safety and enterprise security, we create and connect the technologies that help to keep people safe where they live, learn, work and play. Our integrated technology ecosystem unifies critical communications, video security and access control, and command center software, enabling collaboration in more powerful ways.
At Motorola Solutions, we’re ushering in a new era in public safety and security. Bring your passion, potential and talents to a career that matters.
Smart Public Safety Solutions (SPSS) is a group that delivers software solutions to the public safety sector. Our group is committed to providing the technology, knowledge, and tools that will allow our customers to focus on their mission-critical goals and responsibilities. We provide support for groundbreaking products and solutions that enable public safety entities to respond more quickly and safely to emergent situations. PSA deploys and supports products such as Computer-Aided Dispatch, Records Management Systems, Jail Management Systems and Mobile Data Computing, among other offerings. SPSS is a fast-paced environment that seeks motivated and professional individuals willing to work towards our goals as an organization.
**Motorola Solutions is building talent pipelines to meet future hiring demands. This is a pipeline role, while there is not an immediate opening, we want to build relationships with prospective candidates like you. If your background is a match to our requirements, we’ll follow up with an exploratory conversation.**
THIS IS AN ON-SITE POSITION WORKING IN Bedford County, PA
This individual will be responsible for providing tailored technical customer operations support, developing strategies for implementing operational efficiencies by reviewing workflows, procedures, and performance. This person will execute customer operations policies/procedures. Responsible for building and maintaining positive, effective, and mutually beneficial-working alliances with customers. Initiate problem-solving action and follows through to resolution. Individual will perform root-case analysis of problems to formulate and recommend improved alternative operations and assist in the troubleshooting and deployment of mapping and addressing systems. Along with developing and coordinating Computer-Aided Dispatch integration with ESRI map and addressing data through shapefiles, geodatabases, web services, and local gdb/mxd file structures.
- 3+ years Computer Science, Networking, Engineering, System Maintenance experience (public safety system experience preferred)
- 3+ years of Public Safety Applications experience involving CAD/RMS/Mobile, and other emergency 911 center equipment greatly preferred
- Proven track record working with or deploying enterprise hardware and software solutions; HP preferred
- Experience creating positive working relationships with customers and application end users.
- Able to function effectively in a fast-paced and demanding environment that regularly requires the ability to multitask.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working both alone and in a team environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server and Desktop Operating Systems (MCSA/MCSE skills)
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, ODBC and Ops Manager (SCOM)
- Experience with Public Safety Applications including CAD and Mobile
- Understanding of ESRI ArcGIS software suite including network analyst extension Understanding of REST services and JSON data exchanges
- Understanding of ESRI ArcGIS software suite including network analyst extension
- Ability to troubleshoot application system issues including hardware, network and third-party components
- Understanding of .mxd creation and maintenance
- Understanding of .gdb creation and maintenance
- This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice's "Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy" and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent fingerprint background check administered by Motorola Solutions Inc. customers
- Motorola PremierOne CAD and/or RMS Experience
- Bachelors degree or 3+ years of relevant experience
- Basic understanding of networking (socket connections, ports and hosts, etc.)
- Experience with GPS/AVL devices
- Experience with Python scripting
- Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years Computer Science, Networking, Engineering, System Maintenance experience
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. indefinitely is required. Employer work permit sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer
Referral Payment Plan
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- 401K with Company Match
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.