Research Associate, Histology
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2023
We are seeking a Research Associate with 1-2 years of industry experience in histology and data analysis to join our In Vivo Sciences team. This role will focus on the process and study of bioprinted tissue therapeutic implants in preclinical models. As a Histology Associate, you will execute histological assays, conduct routine histology, and analyze data from histological specimens.
- Execute histology activities including tissue preparation, processing, sectioning, and routine histochemical staining.
- Perform and optimize immunofluorescence and immunohistochemistry procedures.
- Perform imaging analysis and establish comprehensive analytical protocols tailored to the team's requirements utilizing software tools such as ImageJ, QuPath, and other relevant platforms.
- Create SOPs, maintain rigorous experimental records, deliver experimental reports, and present experimental results to key
- internal stakeholders.
- Contribute to histology study designs to assess performance of bioprinted tissues.
- Support data management efforts for the histology activities.
- Collaborate effectively with biologists, biomaterial scientists, and bioengineers to generate data sets that help optimize bioprinted tissue product performance [Verb…]. (e.g. Manage, Support, Improve, Maintain, Assist, Perform, Create, Develop, Drive, Contribute, Execute, Design, Liaise, Identify, Establish, etc.)
- Education: MSc or BSc in biological science, or a related field.
- Experience: 1-2 years of experience executing histology studies in an industry setting.
- Lab Experience: You have a comprehensive understanding of the research and development process and can conduct technical literature searches.
- Histology Expert: You have subject matter expertise in histology and have experience in fixing tissues, microtome or cryostat sectioning, and developing IHC and IF protocols.
- Software Proficiency: You have experience with histology imaging software such as ImageJ, QuPath or equivalent. You can adapt and learn new imaging software or new imaging protocols as required. Possessing the capability of formulating comprehensive analytical protocols in alignment with the specific objectives of a research study would be an asset.
Who You Are
- Intellectually Curious: You have a burning desire to learn more and are not afraid to ask questions.
- Problem Solver: You love immersing yourself in difficult technical problems and coming up with solutions that work. You think outside the box and use your experience and intuition to identify when such solutions are realistic.
- Detail-Oriented & Meticulously Organized: You have outstanding attention to detail and take pride in your work and strive for excellence. You can multitask, prioritize competing deadlines, and have a track record for delivering work on time.
- Thrive in Ambiguity: You are highly adaptable, agile, and poised when faced with change, ambiguity, and competing priorities.
- Collaborative: You thrive in a multi-disciplinary team environment and believe that we can get further, faster by working together.
- Effective Communicator: You are an active listener who can effectively communicate with different audiences in diverse situations.
- Time Management: You have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Go-Getter: You work with a sense of urgency, are results-driven, and thrive in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary, and entrepreneurial environment. You are willing to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done.
Who We Are
Aspect Biosystems is a Canadian biotechnology company creating bioprinted tissue therapeutics to transform how we treat disease. Our bold team of innovators and entrepreneurs have joined us from all over the globe to create a new class of regenerative medicine and work towards a future where our bioprinted tissues are used to save lives and make people healthier. We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Every person on our team is a key contributor to our success and is eager to roll up their sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech. If you are committed to making a real impact and accelerating the development of life-changing therapies, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
At Aspect Biosystems, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or terminate, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, provincial, or local law.