Research Associate, In Vivo & Tissue Analysis
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Saturday, July 1, 2023
We are seeking a Research Associate specializing in in vivo and tissue analysis to join our multidisciplinary Preclinical R&D team working to develop life-changing bioprinted tissue therapeutics. In this role, you will execute immunostaining assays, conduct routine histology, and support our in vivo surgeries aimed at assessing the performance of our bioprinted tissue therapeutics. This is an exciting opportunity for you to work closely with a team of cell biologists, biomaterials experts, and engineers to develop bioprinted tissues that could transform the way we develop medicines and treat disease.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop and execute histology activities from tissue preparation, processing, sectioning, and routine histochemical staining through to immunofluorescence and immunohistochemistry.
- Image and analyze data from histological and immunobiological specimens in support of preclinical programs.
- Help in performing surgical procedures associated with our preclinical programs.
- Support animal handling such as basic manipulation, restraint, blood sampling, dosing, and injections.
- Prepare and harvest tissues from animals to analyze their histology and IHC results.
- Execute on study related husbandry and duties to ensure proper animal care practices.
- Secure and analyze in vivo pharmacology and biomarker study endpoint using ELISAs or flow cytometry.
- Contribute to in vivo study designs to assess performance of implanted bioprinted tissues.
- Aid in the processing, coding storage, and transportation of bioprinted tissue sample batches for preclinical in vivo studies, assuring quality control and assurance measures in place.
- Create SOPs, maintain rigorous experimental records, deliver experimental reports, and present experimental results to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Support data management efforts for the in vivo and histology activities.
- Supporting internal collaborative efforts for our preclinical programs, generating data using multiple analytics to analyze results from our in vivo models.
- Collaborate effectively with biologists, biomaterial scientists, and engineers to optimize bioprinted tissue performance.
- Become an expert user of Aspect’s microfluidic 3D bioprinting technology
WHO YOU ARE
- Education: MSc or PhD in any biological science.
- Professional Experience: You have experience executing in vivo studies and working knowledge of animal related standards, CCAC guidelines, and federal, provincial, and local requirements is preferred.
- Lab Experience: 3-5 years of experience planning, executing, and troubleshooting experiments in a wet lab setting, ideally in an industry setting. You can design and execute experiments, conduct technical literature searches, and have a full understanding of the research and development process.
- Tissue Engineering Experience: You have hands-on experience with immunoassays such as ELISA, colorimetric assays, immunostaining, fluorescence microscopy, flow cytometry and data analysis.
- Beneficial Experience: Experience working in pancreatic or liver biology and with a confocal microscope would be advantageous.
- Required Certification: Completion of UBC animal care training and lab rodent courses.
- Histology Expert: You have subject matter expertise in histology and developing IHC and IF protocols.
- Detail-Oriented: You have outstanding attention to detail and experimental and process rigour. You take pride in your work and strive for excellence.
- Intellectually Curious:You have a burning desire to learn more and aren’t afraid to ask questions.
- Collaborative: You thrive in a multi-disciplinary team environment and believe that we can get further, faster by working together
WHO WE ARE
Aspect Biosystems is a Canadian biotechnology company creating bioprinted tissue therapeutics to transform how we treat disease. Our bold team of innovators and entrepreneurs have joined us from all over the globe to create a new class of regenerative medicine and work towards a future where our bioprinted tissues are used to save lives and make people healthier. We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Every person on our team is a key contributor to our success and is eager to roll up their sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech. If you are committed to making a real impact and accelerating the development of life-changing therapies, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
At Aspect Biosystems, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or terminate, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, provincial, or local law.