Process Development Manager
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Saturday, July 1, 2023
We are seeking a Process Development Manager to join our high-performing team focused on developing bioprinted tissue therapeutics for cell therapy applications. In this role, you will lead the development and application of innovative approaches and technologies for bioprinting primary and stem cell-derived tissue therapeutics. You will be responsible for designing and executing experiments to qualify biomaterials and implantable tissue designs, and you will contribute to training and mentoring our Process Development and Manufacturing team. Extensive experience in pre-clinical in vitro and in vivo development of implantable therapeutics is required for this position, with approximately 60% of your time dedicated to lab-based activities.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Collaborate with internal and external resources to develop qualification strategies for incoming primary and pluripotent cells.
- Design and execute studies to assess islet (and other cell types) viability and function in vitro, including the development of quantitative measures for cell viability and potency.
- Become process subject matter expert and work with process development and manufacturing teams to ensure technical compliance and adherence.
- Develop and execute drug substance process optimization and characterization projects to achieve specific project and company milestones.
- Optimize and scale processing of therapeutic cells for controlled aggregate size-based bioprinting. Ensure compliance of optimization and scaling strategies with cGMP regulations.
- Contribute to the identification of biomaterial and cell encapsulation strategies for bioprinted tissue therapeutics through design of experiment strategies, literature review, and interaction with colleagues and industrial experts.
- Perform laboratory-based studies to qualify biocompatible materials for incorporation into bioprinted pancreatic tissues.
- Work with Aspect’s R&D and Engineering teams to generate, optimize, and characterize bioprocessing processes which are suitable for specific tissues/indications.
- Ensure proper cGMP compliant documentation of primary/stem cell manufacturing and biomaterial development activities as well as compliance with Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
- Complete physical tasks that require bending, squatting, reaching, and the ability to lift, carry, push or pull weights up to 20 pounds.
WHO YOU ARE
- Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in life sciences or engineering.
- Professional Experience: 5 years of experience in a cGMP setting OR 3 years industry experience + an advanced degree in life sciences/engineering.
- Detail-Oriented: You have outstanding attention to detail as well as experimental and process rigour. You take pride in your work and strive for excellence.
- Meticulously Organized: You can multitask, prioritize competing deadlines, and have a track record for delivering work on time.
- Collaborative: You thrive in a multi-disciplinary team environment and believe that we can get further, faster by working together.
- Effective Communicator: You are an active listener who can communicate to different audiences in diverse situations.
- Experienced Leader: You have a proven track record in leading a team with demonstrated ability to develop and motivate high performing teams.
- Critical Thinker: You excel at evaluating complex challenges, seeking input from different sources, and confidently making well-informed decisions
WHO WE ARE
Aspect Biosystems is a Canadian biotechnology company creating bioprinted tissue therapeutics to transform how we treat disease. Our bold team of innovators and entrepreneurs have joined us from all over the globe to create a new class of regenerative medicine and work towards a future where our bioprinted tissues are used to save lives and make people healthier. We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Every person on our team is a key contributor to our success and is eager to roll up their sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech. If you are committed to making a real impact and accelerating the development of life-changing therapies, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
At Aspect Biosystems, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or terminate, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, provincial, or local law.