Payroll Administrator-Contract Opportunity
Appnovation helps brands thrive through innovative, people-inspired experiences and solutions. By embracing the powerful combination of technology and agility, we seamlessly integrate strategy, experience, design, development and analytics.
We create standout digital experiences by collaborating with brands to understand the individual challenges and goals for every initiative. Focusing on our clients’ customers, we effectively combine empathy, evidence and real-world insight so that solutions are derived from truth and meaning. Appnovation is an award-winning team dedicated to inspiring possibility.
Appnovation is looking for a Senior Payroll Administrator to join our finance team. This will be a Hybrid role- 2 days in Office
- Prepare payroll on multiple payroll systems for employees in Canada and internationally
- Maintain payroll records on various payroll systems
- Ensure compliance with all federal and provincial statutory regulations
- Maintain global pension plans (e.g. RRSP, MPF, IRA, etc.)
- Prepare record of employment for all employee departures
- Respond to payroll related enquiries from employees, management and government agencies
- Reconcile the G/L to the various payroll systems
- Assist in the annual preparation of T4, RL-1, IR56B, BIR56A, etc.
- Liaise / work with the global HR Department
- Create month end journals and assist in other month end close procedures
- Import and ensure accuracy of payroll data in the financial reporting system
- Create and/or maintain various payroll reports
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned.
WHO YOU ARE
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner designation (PCP) or equivalent
- Post-secondary education in related field.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in payroll.
- Experience in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritize is a must
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills
- Experience using accounting ERP software is an asset
- Proficient at using Microsoft office with a high proficiency in Excel.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Appnovation Technologies! Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodations are available upon request throughout the recruitment process.