Associate Construction Manager, NA ATS Construction
As the TES Associate Construction Manager, you are a customer obsessed leader in the Amazon construction process. In this role, you will play an integral part to support the implementation of the facility network infrastructure; including new builds, retrofits, and expansions. You will partner with internal customers and external stakeholders to earn their trust and engage as a team member to deliver results. You will ensure information is being communicated to internal and external stakeholders in an effective and timely manner. Some key competencies of this position include: support the team to ensure that contracted resources deliver work meeting duration and quality targets, seek improved ways to serve Amazon customers, influence internal stakeholders while holding them accountable for their actions, assist construction managers to make sure all internal and external team members maintain project schedules and budgets, help to invent and simplify innovative solutions that allow for improved processes and results, while working on multiple projects in various locations. This opportunity combines construction, engineering, planning, project management, facilities management, and contract management. The TES Associate Construction Manager position includes approximately 60% travel in North America.
Key job responsibilities
• Supervise the implementation and management of Amazon’s safety programs and standards with the entire internal and external project team
• Support the construction team to confirm the skills and competencies of contract labor are appropriate to need and fit to undertake the work
• Comprehensive budget and schedule tracking and forecasting are fundamental responsibilities.
• Identify and solve for factors that may impede a successful project hand-over to Amazon stakeholders while striving for frugality and accomplishing more with less
• Assist in coordination with the authorities that have jurisdiction (AHJ) on projects to maintain regulatory compliance and seamless job execution
• Maintain internal and external stakeholders up-to-date on pertinent information through comprehensive and timely written and oral communication
A day in the life
Each day you will act as an owner at TES to ensure the safe, on-time, and in-budget execution of Amazon construction projects. Daily tasks in support of the team may be comprised of:
• Coordination with contractors on projected changes and project status
• Confirm contractors are meeting contractual obligations
• Seek sustainable, environmentally-friendly solutions throughout the construction process while implementing Amazon’s environmentally friendly building practices
• Utilize Amazon information systems to record and update schedule, budget, and other key developments
• Assist in negotiation of contract terms with vendors while driving partners to meet or exceed agreed-to schedules and budgets
• Participate in weekly Architect, Owner, and Contractor (AOC) meetings and provide input on root causes and corrective actions
About the team
At Amazon, we are all Employee Owners who leverage unique opportunities through design review, construction bidding, construction execution, and final hand-off to our customers. We are a diverse, upbeat, creative, team of engineers and managers working to develop the innovative physical assets our Customers expect and striving to be the Earth’s best employer.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Virtual Location - IL | Virtual Location - MA | Virtual Location - MD | Virtual Location - MI | Virtual Location - NC | Virtual Location - NJ | Virtual Location - NY | Virtual Location - OH | Virtual Location - PA | Virtual Location - VA
• Completed Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or comparable field.
• 2+ years of experience as an Engineer, Construction Manager, or other Construction-related disciplines
• 2+ years of experience using Auto CAD as well as scheduling software (Primavera, MS Project, or similar)
• 2+ years project coordination experience from design phase through implementation and operation
• Demonstrated competency in the planning, design review & implementation, and project management / control of new structures & the enhancement of existing facility buildings
• Demonstrated success in communication of project requirements to various audiences (e.g. senior management, peers, public officials, vendors, etc.)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $47,500/year in our lowest geographic market up to $118,300/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.