Sr. AI/ML Compute SA, CAT - Specialists
The AWS Industries (AWSI) team is seeking a Senior Artificial Intelligence (AI)/Machine Learning (ML) Compute Solutions Architect (SA). Aligned to the world's largest companies, the Sr. AI/ML Compute SA is responsible for helping customer lower machine learning costs through the adoption of AWS Neuron, an SDK to optimize machine learning on AWS Trainium and AWS Inferentia accelerators. In this role, you’ll own the democratization of advanced, customized AI workloads through the development of best practices, workshops, product team alignment, and community engagement.
As a domain expert, you'll be expected to earn trust at various levels of an organization, from the C-suite to front-line engineers. You'll lead customer through the exploration of the advanced customization capabilities of generative AI models such as BERT, FLAN-T5, and Llama2 and deployment of these models on AWS silicon for optimal performance and value delivery. As a Sr. AI/ML Compute SA, you'll have the opportunity to become a leading voice in leveraging the advancement of AWS Neuron through direct customer engagement.
Key job responsibilities
- Develop reference architectures for the use of AWS Neuron
- Work with customers on the adoption of AWS Trainium and AWS Inferentia
- Provide expert-level knowledge on a variety of architecture patterns and services
- Document and share best practices across through blog posts, white papers, speaking engagements, and more
- Work with AWS product and service teams to collect and prioritize customer feedback
- Collect and communicate resiliency trends from a global set of multinational customers
About the team
As a Solutions Architect at AWS, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build broad use of Amazon's utility computing web services (e.g., Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, and Amazon Cloud Front) directly with our key customers. Your broad responsibilities will include: owning technical engagements, designing secure architectures, developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are built securely using the AWS platform, and being a subject-matter expert on securing cloud workloads.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Dallas, TX, USA | Denver, CO, USA | New York, NY, USA | San Francisco, CA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- 8+ years of specific technology domain areas (e.g. software development, cloud computing, systems engineering, infrastructure, security, networking, data & analytics) experience
- 3+ years of design, implementation, or consulting in applications and infrastructures experience
- Experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or equivalent, or 12+ years of design, implementation, or consulting in applications and infrastructures experience
- 5+ years of infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking experience
- Experience working with end user or developer communities
- Experience architecting infrastructure solutions using both Linux/Unix and Windows with specific recommendations on server, load balancing, HA/DR, & storage architectures
- Experience communicating across technical and non-technical audiences, including executive level stakeholders or clients
- Experience developing artificial intelligence solutions with machine learning frameworks
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $122,900/year in our lowest geographic market up to $239,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.