Principal WW GTM Storage Specialist - AWS Backup, Storage Specialists
We are hiring an accomplished Principal Storage Specialist to support the growth of AWS Backup. As AWS continues to grow its presence globally, the Go-To-Market Specialist will assist our internal teams by creating and orchestrating “at scale” programs, initiatives, research, and enablement for our WW sales and cross functional customer teams.
A proven track record of developing and executing go-to-market (GTM) / sales programs and initiatives at scale with tangible results, are critical attributes that will lead to success in the role.
In this role you will be accountable for:
Setting strategic program direction, as well as oversee tactical execution, of insight based programs and go to market activities with a focus on expanding AWS market share in our top key pursuit accounts, segments, and verticals within the private sector
- Using your business savvy to drive revenue, develop sales programs and identify new markets and opportunities. You would work directly with the most interesting and demanding customers to understand their requirements and turn them into reality
- Partnering with AWS corporate platform services and industry teams to identify workloads that impact our storage services
- A background in mapping the application of technology to customer business scenarios that help our customers understand how to improve their operational outcomes through the use of AWS storage services
- Your excellent verbal and written communication skills will allow you build sales enablement tools, evangelize our platform with our enterprise and mid-market customers as well as our valued partners and serve as the primary Executive Briefing Center representative of the storage business
- Act as a trusted business advisor while deep diving into data, creating high impact programs, and tracking progress while tuning for desired results
- Be a leader of virtual teams. You will guide cross functional teams to drive AWS adoption in the key workloads that use the AWS Storage portfolio
- Define, drive, measure, manage and coach on workload focused goals across the business
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO / VP level, as well as background that enables them to easily interact with IT operations leaders, software developers, and infrastructure and applications architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work across the business to set vision, objectives and to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and desire to dive deep is a must.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Arlington, VA, USA | Boston, MA, USA | New York, NY, USA | San Francisco, CA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- 7+ years of developing, negotiating and executing business agreements experience
- 7+ years of professional or military experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience developing strategies that influence leadership decisions at the organizational level
- Experience as a founder or executive focused on related segments, or as a practice leader or business unit owner
- Experience selling to Fortune 1000 or Global 2000 organizations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $140,800/year in our lowest geographic market up to $262,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.