Finance Analyst, FP&A
We are a young, driven and innovative company looking for a highly-motivated Finance Analyst to join our Finance team. We believe that we can tackle the most challenging scientific problems through teamwork, innovation, and mutual support. If you’re a self-motivated and creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, we’d love to hear from you.
We are seeking a Finance Analyst to join our growing Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team. Working closely with your colleagues on the wider Finance, Commercial, Project Management, and Research & Development (R&D) teams, you will be the primary business partner for a group of R&D teams, responsible for driving efforts on forecasting, reporting, and providing decision support to leaders of these teams, as well as for a number of discovery and development projects. We are a close-knit team that works collaboratively to support business growth, drive strategic decision making, and make a positive impact in the work that we do.
How you might spend your days:
- Working closely with the cost center & project leads building forecasts and guiding these colleagues through the process.
- Reviewing spend data for accuracy, reasonability, and investigating unanticipated variances, pivoting on materiality based on the audience.
- Working with newly developed teams to establish knowledge and processes related to financial management and oversight, in order to support rapid yet efficient growth.
- Partnering with R&D leadership, enabling them to effectively manage long- and short-term operating plans through monthly reporting, determining key drivers of spend, and providing data-driven insights.
- Supporting our monthly management reporting and quarterly forecasting processes, identifying risks and opportunities, while proactively improving the process as needed.
- Building and improving on data workflows, governance and forecasting/valuation models for a variety of applications across the business. Investigating and modeling impacts of new initiatives on consolidated Financial Statements under US GAAP.
- Helping shape the organization’s KPIs and determining use cases for operational data to support long term financial forecasts and value creation.
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ work experience in a similar role and a post-secondary degree in a relevant field or have/are near to completing a related professional designation (CPA, CFA, or equivalent)
- Have the ability to navigate ambiguity, manage multiple assignments simultaneously, and bring clarity and structure to complex tasks
- Are a strong communicator and can demonstrate experience driving decision making through guiding stakeholders through financial analysis
- Work well in cross-functional teams, including with senior leaders, and actively contribute to discussions with a strategic and financial perspective
- Have advanced spreadsheet skills and the ability to learn new systems quickly
- Are a self-starter with proven experience developing processes, solving problems, and an ability to work independently
- Love to constantly be learning, are flexible and thrive in a fast-paced rapidly changing environment
- Experience in the Biotechnology/Pharmaceutical sector would be an asset
- Experience working in a publicly traded company, and/or a multi-currency, multi-entity environment is an asset
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - revolutionizing how our scientists can mine natural immune systems to discover new antibody therapies, and the scale at which they can do it. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of accountants, administrators, biologists, biochemists, engineers, computer scientists, and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology, it’s also about having efficient and seamless operations based on teamwork and cutting-edge tools. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators across the entire organization. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, nurture and organize our efforts along the way.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 23133 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.