Scientist, Translational Operations
AbCellera is an energetic, and rapidly growing tech company that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are seeking an experienced and exceptional individual for the role of Scientist, Translational Operations. This contributor will help to build out our translational biomarkers capabilities so we can help our partners move faster and with less risk to the clinic. Through close collaboration across the company this person will help identify the best antibodies for the job. The successful individual will be responsible for managing biomarker studies for characterization and development of antibody drug candidates in close collaboration with our partners and external vendors. We need someone who has a passion for understanding how biomarkers can predict therapeutic responses to human disease.
This role involves operational management of external biomarker activities in addition to in house wet-lab biomarker assay development and biomarker discovery activities associated with drug pharmacodynamics, efficacy, or patient selection, according to defined program-specific biomarker strategies.
How you might spend your days:
- You will spend a significant portion of your time acting as the point of contact for externally placed biomarker studies, with end-to-end study coordination from design to reporting
- Perform and analyze biomarker assay development and biomarker discovery activities in house within the translational biomarkers team
- Work within the translational research organization including functional biology and in vivo pharmacology to coordinate and support the execution of biomarker assays aligned with target biology and proposed antibody mechanism of action
- Generate and coordinate reports/documents for partners and regulatory bodies
- Assist in conduct of biospecimen analysis, including cross-validating and establishing new protocols and workflows
- Report findings to our teams and partners to support data-driven decision making
- Collaborate with Clinical Operations, other internal stakeholders, and CROs to implement biomarker strategies and ensuring the execution of planned biomarker analyses
- Lead efforts to operationalize biomarker plans aligned with internal capabilities and coordinate efforts for associated data interpretation.
- Work with data sciences team for the coordination, transfer, analysis, and interpretation of various biomarker data
- Responsibilities will be split between scientific and operational tasks
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You are genuinely curious, with an interest in discussing innovative ideas in a highly collaborative and face paced environment
- You are good at communicating scientific and/or technical concepts with an emphasis on application
- You are strongly self-motivated and work independently to identify project needs and follow that up with constructing and implementing solutions
- You enjoy the teamwork that comes with working on complicated biological questions and building data sets that help to predict the success of therapies
Required qualifications and experience:
- PhD in relevant scientific field, or MSc with 5 years of relevant industry experience
- Experience working within a translational and/or clinical research centre ideally focused on early phase studies
- Familiarity with drug development process and stages
- Experience leading translational biomarker projects and team from preclinical to clinical applications
- Experience with immunological and molecular genomic profiling assays
- Deep understanding of patient selection strategies for clinical studies in addition to sample collection and analysis approaches
Offers & benefits:
A generous compensation package including an equity stake in AbCellera’s success. Our headquarters are nestled in the heart of Vancouver, Canada - we’ll support you and your family in every way we can to relocate if you haven't had the joy of living in this beautiful area!
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 23081 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.