Bioinformatician - Translational Bioinformatics
AbCellera is a nimble, energetic, and quickly growing tech company that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are not afraid of challenges and together we tackle tough problems. Today, we’re able to discover antibodies and deliver them to our partners. But we’re not stopping there. We’re expanding our capabilities to help our partners get farther in drug development faster.
We are seeking a highly motivated Bioinformatician within our Translational group with expertise in building and executing integrated analysis pipelines from high-throughput sequencing datasets from genomic and transcriptomic studies. Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated and self-directed Bioinformatician, a team-player who thrives in a fast-paced work environment with multiple competing priorities, and above all, someone who can learn and grow with us. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of Canada’s most innovative biotech companies and to contribute to our cutting-edge research, driving the discovery of novel monoclonal antibodies for therapeutic use.
How you might spend your days:
- Establishing computational framework for integrating, accessing and analyzing genomic and transcriptomic datasets from publicly available sources or in-house experiments
- Developing analysis workflows for high-throughput DNA, and RNA sequencing data
- Integrating new pipelines with other components of AbCellera’s tech stack
- Assisting in the analysis and interpretation of gene expression data in order to answer key biological questions in disease areas of interest
- Working with scientists on our discovery and translational teams to leverage Bioinformatics datasets and assist in efforts of target assessment
- Collaborating with wet-lab scientists, data scientists, and bioinformaticians to design experiments, analyze data, and interpret the results in order to understand aspects of a molecule’s biology
Required qualifications and experience:
- PhD or MSc in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, or a related field
- Demonstrated expertise in R, Python, and building complex code in a collaborative environment
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Experience working with high-throughput sequencing data (RNAseq, scRNAseq, WES)
- Strong analytical skills related to working with large diverse datasets
- A demonstrated ability to find creative and functional solutions to complicated problems
- The ability to express complex ideas in understandable ways, and to communicate effectively with people from different fields
- Excellent documentation skills with impeccable attention to detail
Bonus qualifications, but not required:
- A good foundation in statistical analysis
- An understanding of the basics and limitations of experimental protocols
- A background in Immunology
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, nurture and organize our efforts along the way.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 23074 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications, and will only contact those who are selected for an interview.