AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. If you’re self-motivated, creative, and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, we would love to hear from you. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of Canada’s most innovative biotech companies and to contribute to our cutting-edge research on antibody engineering, advanced mammalian cell systems, and molecular research supporting the discovery of novel monoclonal antibodies for therapeutic use.
How you might spend your days:
- Extending the visual landscape of AbCellera’s brand by scaling its foundation into a full-bodied graphical language and architecture with a repertoire of signature motifs, bespoke iconography, and differentiated artistic and photographic treatments. Be the custodian of visual brand coherence and consistency across all communication pieces throughout the company.
- Designing branded web and print layout templates and apply them to presentations, digital campaign emails and landing pages, social media posts and ads, and internal materials related to employee training and engagement.
- Supporting and collaborating closely with the Information Designer to ensure aesthetic cohesion and cognitive effectiveness across all communication pieces involving visual design.
- Supporting and collaborating closely with external stakeholders such as interior designers, architects, printers, and fine artists in the design of environmental elements (signage, way-finders, and murals for our expanding facilities) and physical objects (promotional ads and swag).
- Collaborating with executives and scientists across multiple disciplines: business development, research & development, people & culture, under the guidance of the marketing communications team.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a university degree or college diploma in graphic or media design with 8-10 years of full-time agency and/or in-house design experience
- You have a portfolio that proves mastery in both Illustrator and Photoshop via application of advanced tools: digital illustration and painting, blend and mesh modes, custom symbol and art brush creation, texturing and 3D rendering, photo enhancement and batch processing.
- Your portfolio showcases full-suite brand designs encompassing original logo design, brand book / graphical usage guidelines for internal and external consumption, branded templates for print and digital applications (ads, stationery, promotional swag).
- Your portfolio demonstrates extensive commercially applied digital content such as responsive webpages, email newsletters, and branded assets for social media campaigns spanning multiple marketing channels under a unified brand.
- Your portfolio includes hand-sketched mock-ups that demonstrates your process in ideation and concepting.
- You have an advanced knowledge in designing for PowerPoint and Keynote. You have a working knowledge of Acrobat, Excel, Word, and Google Suite. A basic knowledge of HTML and CSS is strongly desired but not required.
- You understand how to manage color profiles and file formats and how they implicate downstream workflows in printing, web publishing, and video rendering.
- You are detail-oriented and meticulous: you often identify gaps that most may miss.
- You have impeccable spoken, written, and proofreading skills in English.
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21029 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications, and will only contact those who are selected for an interview.